Middle East

YEMEN WAR: HOUTHI REBELS CLAIM MASS CAPTURE OF SAUDI TROOPS 🤠

Houthi rebels in Yemen say they have captured a large number of Saudi troops after a major attack near the border between the two countries.

A Houthi spokesman told the BBC that three Saudi brigades had surrendered near the Saudi town of Najran.

He said thousands of soldiers had been captured and many others killed. Saudi officials have not confirmed the claim.

The operation was the largest of its kind since the conflict began, the spokesman said.

Colonel Yahiya Sarea said Saudi forces had suffered “huge losses in life and machinery”.

All those captured would be paraded on the Houthi-run Al Masirah TV network on Sunday, he added.

Houthis say they launched a drone and missile attack on Saudi oil facilities on 14 September which affected global markets.

But the Saudis – backed by the US, UK, France and Germany – have all publicly blamed Iran for the strike, allegations Tehran denies. ↓UPDATE↓

Houthi rebels video fails to prove Saudi troop capture claim – BBC News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: